Well, It’s been a while.

Hello blog land!

It’s been a while since I checked in here. Even though I haven’t been posting, I have been trying to keep up to date with the blogs that come through in my reader, although not that successfully. There’s so many people writing great posts that there’s not enough hours in the day to keep up with them all.

What have I been up to since Feb that’s been keeping me so busy?

– We relocated the shop.
– I taught art and craft classes on a cruise.
– Jesse and I bought a house.

So it’s been a pretty big 5 months for me!

I’m loving the new store. It’s finally getting to be the shop that we’ve always dreamed of. Things like floorboards and a nice paint job, and better shop fittings and signage, a workshop space, parking, a place for (almost) everything and a slight change to the stock to reflect ‘us’ a little more have made Scrappindipity such a great place to be. For example, Mum and I were at the shop today, busy working and playing away. Mum checked the time to see if she had time for a cuppa before it was time to pack up and we’d already been open for 40 mins longer than we were supposed to.

The cruise! Where do I start? I got an email from an agent one day back at the old store (it was a Wednesday) asking if I wanted to teach art and craft on a cruise leaving on Friday. Yes, 2 days time. I said ‘Yes’ partly thinking it was a joke. As it turned out, that particular cruise got double booked, but the agent kept in touch and offered us other cruises. We could have taken a 42 day cruise – but we thought that might be a bit too long in case things didn’t go well, and it was also the month we were planning on moving the shop. So I watched that one sail away one day and we spent the next month relocating the store.
When the ship (The Sun Princess) returned to Fremantle, we got on it for a 16 day cruise to Penang, Phuket, Langkawi, KL, Singapore & Geraldton.

It was an amazing experience. I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise and I honestly didn’t think I would until I was 90.
The food was to DIE(t) for. 5 star service, 3-4 course meals, 3 times a day. 24 hour buffet if you prefer.
The classes were really popular (so much so that we had to split every kit in half and still turn people away).
The ports were beautiful, the staff were lovely, the other cruisers were great fun, the shows were entertaining, the musicians were wonderful.
We were in the crew area, next to the musicians, and one night I had the string trio lull me to sleep with gypsy tunes. Bliss!

Being in the middle of the ocean was an experience in itself. No land in any direction for days. Terrifying on one hand, but then you give into it and the amount of calm the feeling of insignificance brings is unbelievable.

I could definitely get used to cruising. Hopefully we’ll be asked again!

Jesse and I are currently finishing up the paperwork to buy our first home. We’ve been living with my parents for around 7 months to save up and pay off some debts and we’re finally, nearly, there. It’ll be great for all of us to have our own space again, and I can’t wait to paint!

There’ll be more posted soon about the new house when we move in and start renovating. Eee!
So stay tuned for pictures and projects as I magically transform into the perfect handy housewife. (ha!)

Well I think that’s all for now. If you’re still here, thanks for reading and my apologies for being gone for so long – as you can imagine, there’s been a lot happening recently!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s