Today I decided to have a really good day. Why I don’t do this every day I don’t know. I guess I do, just not to the same extent. Today I decided to have an exceptionally good day.
To help things along and keep me in a good mood when I’ve got the ‘good day’ vibe I:
- Use something fancy in the bathroom – something I’ve been saving (usually something from lush, or a hair treatment etc)
- Put on really good music. Or music I haven’t heard before. And I listen to it and dance. Whether I’m on a train ( more of a subtle bopping and wiggling) at the shop (random twirling, spring in my step) or at home (footloose is the only word to describe this).
- Eat something I really like that I don’t have all the time. Even better if it’s something good for me because then I don’t feel guilty about eating it either. Today it was a stash of fresh fruit (cherries, plum, peach, nectarine, banana) yum yum yum.
- Interact with as many people as possible. Whether it’s saying hello, giving them a compliment, serving them even better than I normally do, or just smiling in their direction. Having people smile at you is one of the best happy-making feelings ever.
- Hugs! See people that love you. (I haven’t done this yet today, but plan on getting my hugs in tonight) I think everyone should get at least 3 hugs a day.
- Make something to remind you of your day. Even if it’s something stupid. Like a poorly taken, poorly photoshopped photo of you with cherries as earrings that’s unabashedly inspired by a film poster. If it reminds you of your great day AND one of your favourite films, you get bonus points.
- Get physical. Again with the dancing. The twist is my new thing. You get a full body workout when you bring out the leg kicks and hopping about – and it’s so much fun you’ll barely be able to breathe from all the giggling. Find a tiled floor and wear a slippery pair of socks.
- Go to bed early and do something that makes you go to sleep with a smile on your face. Whether you’re curling up with a book or a partner, get comfy and horizontal. Go to sleep smiling and start the whole thing off again tomorrow.